What is a HERS Rating?
The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is used to measure a home’s energy efficiency relative to industry standards. HERS is a nationally recognized system used to inspect and calculate a home’s energy performance. Some key points of the HERS Index are:
- The lower the number, the more energy efficient your home is.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, a typical resale home has a HERS rating of 130 and a standard new home built to code has a HERS rating of 100.
- A home with a HERS score of 70 is 30% more efficient than a standard new home.
- A typical resale home is 30% less efficient than a standard new home.
The Rockford Difference
Building with Rockford Homes allows you to save money without sacraficing value. Rockford’s average HERS rating on there new home’s is 63!
With Rockford, you can:
- Save over $1,000 per year in energy savings over a typical existing home.
- Save over $600 per year in energy savings over a typical new build home.