Construction Punch Out Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Rockford Homes is seeking an experienced, hands-on Punch Out Specialist to work in multiple subdivisions throughout Columbus, OH. Work will include install and repair as well as adjusting and re-finishing non-licensed trade items. Wages range from $16/hr. to $20/hr. and are dependent upon experience. A full benefits package is also available.
- Various punch out work as instructed by supervisor.
- Assist service department in completing overflow warranty item lists generated by homeowners.
- Informs Superintendent of any problems associated with the construction of the houses/units in the subdivision.
- Secure the company’s property and protect it from theft, vandalism and damage.
- Must have your own tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime.
Purchasing/Estimating Systems Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Rockford Homes has an immediate opening for a full-time Purchasing / Estimating Systems Manager. This position is a 40 hour per week office position that will play an integral role on the purchasing / estimating team for all single-family home developments. This position will also provide assistance and information to many other departments including the field production staff.
This role offers a great opportunity for a self-driven individual who wants to be involved in almost all facets of home building. Thus, requiring someone who is system focused but also enjoys different challenges.
- Develop and maintain base house and option assemblies as well as pricing database using ECI Mark Systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Budget review for accuracy prior to purchase order issuance to include; quantity take-off, estimating, and confirming house specific quotes for custom options.
- Track, analyze and implement all price increase requests.
- Coordinate and execute the on-boarding of new subs and vendors.
- Maintain and improve sub / vendor database as the company expands into new markets.
- Work with Senior Estimator to bid out and estimate new plans and options directly communicating with the subs and vendors to review, analyze and organize all quotes.
- Assist with the estimating of custom change requests.
- Complete and verify information for reports as needed.
- Work with team members to correct existing purchase orders as needed tracing the variance or error back to its source and correcting the problem(s).
- Work with team members to maintain, clarify and update all trade specific scopes of work.
- Recommend changes to products or services to fulfill customer needs.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software.
- Experience in ECI Mark Systems (Homebuilder Software) a Plus.
- Ability to Interpret Blueprints and Perform Quantity Takeoffs for All Phases of Construction.
- 3 Years Experience in Construction.
Rockford Homes as an Employer
Rockford Homes is committed to providing the same assurances to our employees we do to our customers. We look for individuals that are bright, enthusiastic, committed to growth, and customer focused. We empower our employees to manage their division of business and provide them with a supportive growth environment. Our employees have cited the following reasons for being a part of the Rockford Homes team:
- Rockford’s Image as Market Leader
- Company Stability
- Customer Service
- Respect and Teamwork Among Fellow Employees
- Commitment to Product Quality
- High Degree of Responsibility
We’re looking for dependable, hard-working, goal-oriented individuals to join the Rockford Homes team.